Adobe Shows Off New CS6 & New Cloud Service
Just when you thought it couldn’t get any better, it does! Adobe today unveiled their newest creative suite, creative suite 6. And with it come amazing new features. The new creative suite runs on the mercury graphics engine which promises almost instant effects. And the new content aware features, content-aware patch and content-aware Move make Photoshopping just that much easier. All applications in the new creative suite have gotten a revamp. New applications include, speedgrade, Prelude and Muse, as well a a slue of new cloud applications. Some of the notable features of the new applications include:
- “In Photoshop CS6, designers will experience incredible performance, powered by the Adobe Mercury Graphics Engine, enabling near instant results from essential editing tools, including Liquify, Puppet Warp, Transform and Lighting Effects.
- Adobe has built on Photoshop’s breakthrough Content-Aware capabilities with advanced new Content-Aware Patch and Content-Aware Move features.
- Illustrator CS6 debuts a revamped modern interface, and features include a new image tracing engine, easy pattern creation and ability to apply gradients to strokes. The Mercury Performance System delivers speed and stability, including 64-bit support for Mac OS and Windows.
- InDesign CS6 continues to blaze a trail in publishing, streamlining the creation of multiple layouts from a single set of content with new Adaptive Design Tools – Alternate Layout, Liquid Layout, Content Collector Tools and Linked Content.
- A brand new application, Adobe Muse™, a radical tool that enables designers to create and publish HTML5 web sites without writing code, was also announced today.”
To coincide with the release of CS6, Adobe announced “Creative Cloud” creative cloud is a cloud based editing system that’s subscription based. Adobe has some highlights to the service:
- “Creative Cloud membership provides users with access to download and install every new Adobe CS6 application announced today and two new HTML5 products, Adobe Muse™ and Adobe Edge preview.
- Creative Cloud integrates Adobe’s creative tablet applications†, such as Photoshop Touch, into everyday work – seamlessly synchronizing and storing files in the cloud for sharing and access on any device.
- Creative Cloud members will be able to easily deliver mobile apps to iOS and Android marketplaces and publish, manage and host websites.
- Adobe Creative Cloud members will have access to application upgrades, including new CS point-product features, before they are launched as part of major CS updates, as well as inventive new products and services as they emerge.
- Adobe Creative Cloud membership is US$49.99 per month, with an annual contract. A special introductory offer of US$29.99 per month for CS3, CS4, CS5 and CS5.5 individual customers is also available.”
So is the new Creative Suite really worth the “6″? We believe so, Adobe has been beta testing their applications for quite some time. The improvements are significant and notable. The new designs to applications like Photoshop are innovative and elegant. And the new Cloud service is pretty awesome. Cost? Starts at $1,299. Is it worth the money? You tell us!